Simisola Ogunleye is one of Nigeria’s most decorated singer/songwriters. If you are her fan it may interest you to know some of these facts about her.
Here are some interesting facts you didn’t know about the beautiful singer.
1. Simi’s affection for music was made manifest very early as she started singing at the early age of 8, and when she was 10 she had written her first song.
2. Initially, Simi was a gospel singer. She released her first-ever gospel song titled ‘Ogaju’. In 2006, she changed to Afro-pop. Simi was signed to a record label named X3M in the year 2014.
3. Simi once said in an interview that she loves broadcasting and blogging.
4. She became a center stage in 2014 after she released the song named ‘Tiff’, later in 2015, the song was nominated at Headies award.
5. She mentioned hard work and consistency as qualities that led to her success in the music industry.
6. There were rumors that Simi and Falz were in a relationship, but over the years neither of them has confirmed or denied such speculations. Later it was gathered that she and Adekunle Gold were engaged.
7. On several occasions, Simi has revealed that she’s a proud feminist who believes that both men and women should have equal rights and opportunities. She also said that Adekunle Gold, who’s her husband supports her feminist beliefs.
8. In January 2019. Simi had a private marriage with Adekunle Gold. She’s has already shown her baby bump.
9. Recently, Simi released her hit single named ‘ Duduke ‘. Which is already a huge success on mainstream, it has increased over 1 million views on Youtube.
10. When Simi started her music, she began as a gospel singer. When her contract with X3M expired She released her second studio album Simisola. It was the 5-track EP Restless she released that eventually earned her a record deal with X3M Music. She started her own record labe studio named Brat in June 2018.
11. Her place of birth was Ojuelegba Lagos near Surulere, and she’s the last of four children. Juliet Ebirim interviewed Simi on one occasion on Vanguard newspaper, it was there that Simi revealed that her parents separated when she was only 9 years old. She also said that she grew up as a tomboy.
12. Simi went to Stars International College, the secondary school was located in Ikorodu, Lagos
State. She was also a student of Covenant University, there, she studied mass communication. Apart from being a singer, Simi is also a sound engineer, she’s good at mixing songs.
Some of Simi’s songs are:
Her Studio albums…
Omo Charlie Champagne, Vol. 1 (2019)
Don’t Judge Me (cover)
Marvin’s Room (cover)
E No Go Funny
Take a Chance
Open and close
Love don’t care
Smile for me
I dun care