The National Examination Council (NECO) has released the result for the 2022 Secondary School Certificate Examination(SSCE).
Moreover, 29 supervisors were placed on a blacklist for allegedly participating in a variety of exam malpractice charges.
Professor Dantani Ibrahim Wushishi, the NECO Registrar and Chief Executive Officer, who made the announcement of the results on Thursday at the NECO Headquarters in Minna, said that four schools had been recommended for de-recognition for two years because of their involvement in widespread cheating.
He stated that the number of students who earned five or more credits, including English and mathematics, was 727,894 or 60.74 percent, a decline of 10.9 percent from the performance in 2021.
The Registrar said that 1,198,417 people took the test out of 1,209,703 applicants who registered for it.
Wushishi said that 13,594 malpractice instances, or 0.13 percent of all cases, were documented, and she added that the rate of malpractice fell between 2021 and 2022.
1,031 applicants with special needs took the exam, according to the registrar, including 107 blind candidates and 574 people with hearing impairment and 574 people with autism.
The SSCE certificates for 2020 and 2021 will also be ready by the end of October 2022, while the 2022 SSCE Internal certificates will be ready three months after the release of the results, the official stated. He also stated that the backlog of Basic Education Certificate Examination (BECE) certificates from 2012 to 2021 will soon be ready for distribution to schools.
Stay Tuned For More News!Do you want latest songs?Join us on Telegram now!!!